My top 10 anime

Japanese Cartoons!

My top 10 anime

Postby Neelan G » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:08 pm

This list is based on my own personal opinion. Any criticism...to a degree :-) ...is welcome. After watching many anime series, i have narrowed them down to 10 appearing in no particular order.

Steins;Gate : Steins;Gate is about a group of friends who have customized their microwave into a device that can send text messages to the past. As they perform different experiments, an organization named SERN, who has been doing their own research on time travel, tracks them down and now the characters have to find a way to avoid being captured by them

Code Geass R1 & R2 : Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Through a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!

Death note : Yagami Light is a 17-year-old genius from Japan who is tired of his life, school, and the state of the world as he knows it. One day, on the way home from class, Light stumbles upon a dark notebook with "Death Note" written on the front. He is now on a quest to change the world and become God of the New World.

Bleach : 15-year-old Kurosaki Ichigo is not your everyday high school student. He has from as far he can remember always had the ability to see ghosts and spirits. A fateful day arrives as Ichigo encounters the shinigami Kuchiki Rukia, who saves him and his family from a Hollow at the cost of injuring herself. During this encounter, with Rukia unable to defeat the hollow she transfers her shinigami powers into Ichigo. Rukia allows Ichigo to take on the role of a shinigami in her place as they together defeat the Hollows plaguing Ichigo's town.

Naruto Shippuuden : This series is the continuation of the original animated TV series Naruto.The story revolves around an older and slightly more matured Uzumaki Naruto and his quest to save his friend Uchiha Sasuke from the grips of the snake-like Shinobi, Orochimaru.

Dragon Ball Z : Literally no explanation needed. :bow:

Fairy Tail : Set in an imaginary world, the Earth Land, there exists a Mage Guild called "Fairy Tail". Lucy Heartfilia, a 17-year-old girl. meets Natsu Dragneel, a boy who is transportation-sick, but very cheerful in nature. However, the thing she does not know is that Natsu is the closest connection to Fairy Tail, as he is a Mage in Fairy Tail.

Gintama : Set in an Edo which has been conquered by aliens named Amanto, the plot follows life from the point of view of samurai Gintoki Sakata, who works as a freelancer alongside his friends Shinpachi Shimura and Kagura in order to pay the monthly rent.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood : The main character is the famous alchemist Edward Elric—also known as the Fullmetal Alchemist—who almost lost his little brother, Alphonse, in an alchemical accident. Edward managed to attach his brother's soul to a large suit of armor. While he did manage to save his brother's life, he paid the terrible price of his limbs.

One Piece : Enter Monkey D. Luffy, a 17-year-old boy that defies your standard definition of a pirate. Rather than the popular persona of a wicked, hardened, toothless pirate who ransacks villages for fun, Luffy’s reason for being a pirate is one of pure wonder; the thought of an exciting adventure and meeting new and intriguing people, along with finding One Piece, are his reasons of becoming a pirate.

Honorable mentions:
Fate Zero
Guilty Crown
Attack on titan
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Soul Eater
Darker than Black
Tenjou Tenge
Highschool of the Dead
Neelan G

Re: My top 10 anime

Postby Al_Quagga » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:16 pm

I surprisingly agree with most of whats here. I just recently rewatched FMA brotherhood and i think I enjoyed it even more the second time over. Same with my rewatch of Deathnote last year. If you can enjoy something even more the second time round you know its damn well good :thumbs:
Al_Quagga

Re: My top 10 anime

Postby IronMaiden » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Al_Quagga wrote:I surprisingly agree with most of whats here. I just recently rewatched FMA brotherhood and i think I enjoyed it even more the second time over. Same with my rewatch of Deathnote last year. If you can enjoy something even more the second time round you know its damn well good :thumbs:

This is me agreeing about FMA.

Literally the best anime I've ever watched.
IronMaiden

Return to Anime