This sounds too good to be true. It kind of is, or would be if we were in the United States, because licencing doesn't allow Hulu to broadcast outside the US. Sadly we're on this side of the ocean, and South Africa is kinda hated by US streaming video providers. But there's hope. Here's how you can watch plenty of your favourite series online, in SA, free.
- Grab a copy of the excellent VPN Tool Hospot Shield. It's free here: http://www.hotspotshield.com/
- NOTE: This is ad-supported software so you'll get ads now and again all over the place. Annoying but necessary.
- Once you've installed HSS for your PC, hit "Connect" and under "Virtual Country" select "United States".
- Now direct your browser to http://hulu.com.
- You're done! Select or search for your favourite show to watch episodes available.
- NOTE: some episodes will require Hulu Plus [not free] but for the most part you can watch a the last 5 full aired episodes free. Also try http://cbs.com for full episodes of some series (NCIS:LA etc.)
BONUS! I've got 4 codes left for Hotspot Shield Elite, the ad-free version. First 4 people to contact me can grab a code to disable the ads
UPDATE: DOWNLOAD HULU SERIES EPISODES: Warning: I indemnify myself and Indeterminate Hub from illegal warez and illegal downloading, this info is for your education only
Right, thanks to Speed Freak I got to checking if you could download those series. Yes, you can. Here's how:
- Download this file, it's virus-free, no worries.
- Next, start the installation. Here's the options to select:
- On the welcome screen, click "Next"
- On the "Install Delta Toolbar screen" choose CUSTOM install, and remove all the checkboxes that come up, else you get crap installed in your browser. Then click "next"
- On the "Driver Scanner 2013" page, DESELECT "install Driver Scanner 2013"...you don't need more crap. Then click "next"
- On the "Select Components" screen, Click the "CUSTOM" option and choose if you want the browser plugins or not...you don't really need 'em. Then Click "Next"
- Once the install is complete, launch the program. Then start up Hotspot Shield.
- Go to the Hulu site and find an episode you want to watch.
- If you've got the browser plugin skip onto step 12.
- Copy the browser URL (the page link in the browser address bar)
- In the Freemake downloader program, click "Paste Link"
- Now you'll be offered where to dowload the file and what quality. Pick the options you want and start downloading!
Tell me if it worked, or even if you've got better ideas! If your suggestions are better I'll update the OP. I'd like to hear from you guys!