Call of Duty MW3 TeknoMW3

Call of Duty MW3 TeknoMW3

Postby MattDN93 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:43 pm

The Call of Duty franchise, mainly made famous with COD4 from Infinity Ward and Activision, has evolved over the years into a pretty good FPS game. It's current edition, Modern Warfare 3, or MW3, is still wildly popular despite the upcoming November launch of "Ghosts" .

I've recently got back into playing MW3 on PC, and discovered the very successful TeknoMW3 mod, which gives you the ability to play MW3 on local LAN connections (U*** LANs ;-) ) and direct servers and so on. TeknoMW3 patches directly over your game files and has an...attractive...launcher :lol: If you're keen on giving TeknoMW3 mod a go, grab the download files here. You'll also need WinRAR to deal with what you're downloading.
Note: TeknoMW3 states it does NOT work with hacked/copy-and-play versions of the game, but I've tested it and it actually appears to work on a hacked copy of the game. [color=#FF0000]InHub won't take responsibility for how you obtain the game and won't condone piracy ;) [/color]

1. Install WinRAR if necessary
  2. Open the RAR file you downloaded, and extract it to the folder MW3 is in (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\ACtivision\)
  3. You'll be asked to overwrite the files. Do so, but make a backup of your game directory just in case.
  4. Once the files overwrite, run "TeknoMW3.exe"
  5. You'll see the launcher come up. Now choose "SinglePlayer" to run the campaign or play the co-op game modes, OR
  6. Choose Multiplayer>(Online/LAN) for playing the game against players on the internet or when JOINING a dedicated server on the LAN.
  7. Choose Multiplayer>(Direct Connect) if you know your friend's IP address to join a LAN or internet game manually [open firewall ports and stuff if you need, this is an advanced option]
  8. Choose Multiplayer>(Dedicated LAN) to launch the dedicated LAN console. This lets you manage your server for Internet or LAN play. If you want to create a dedicated server and then join it, run this option, then go back to the launcher and run (Online/Lan)
  9. In the game, click "Servers" and you'll see a list of servers on the Net. Use the LAN tab if you want to play locally.

This is a very quick guide. For info on server configuration, how to configure your firewall, and other technical details on getting TeknoMW3 to work, post a question in this thread and we'll help you out.

See you on the battlefield...wait, that's EA's game X-D
Check out the blog!
Give the main site a visit ;)
About me

Phone: HTC One S | dualcore 1.5GHz | PAC ROM 4.2.2 // Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 (2013 model) | Android 4.3 | Stock // HP dv6 Core i7 2630QM | 8GB RAM | Radeon 6770M
Romans 8:38
MattDN93
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Call of Duty MW3 TeknoMW3

Postby DieLyn » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:29 am

Finally a contender to Far Cry 2 ! Image
DieLyn

Re: Call of Duty MW3 TeknoMW3

Postby MattDN93 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:45 am

DieLyn wrote:Finally a contender to Far Cry 2 ! Image

I totally agree! FC2 has gone viral but we need MW3 or at least COD4 to get that exposure, they are much better games to play multiplayer, FC2 wasn't designed with MP in mind [here's looking at you, useless health regeneration-pulls-bullet-out-of-leg animation]...
Check out the blog!
Give the main site a visit ;)
About me

Phone: HTC One S | dualcore 1.5GHz | PAC ROM 4.2.2 // Tablet: ASUS Nexus 7 (2013 model) | Android 4.3 | Stock // HP dv6 Core i7 2630QM | 8GB RAM | Radeon 6770M
Romans 8:38
MattDN93
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to PC