The Call of Duty franchise, mainly made famous with COD4 from Infinity Ward and Activision, has evolved over the years into a pretty good FPS game. It's current edition, Modern Warfare 3, or MW3, is still wildly popular despite the upcoming November launch of "Ghosts" .
I've recently got back into playing MW3 on PC, and discovered the very successful TeknoMW3 mod, which gives you the ability to play MW3 on local LAN connections (U*** LANs ) and direct servers and so on. TeknoMW3 patches directly over your game files and has an...attractive...launcher If you're keen on giving TeknoMW3 mod a go, grab the download files here. You'll also need WinRAR to deal with what you're downloading.
Note: TeknoMW3 states it does NOT work with hacked/copy-and-play versions of the game, but I've tested it and it actually appears to work on a hacked copy of the game. [color=#FF0000]InHub won't take responsibility for how you obtain the game and won't condone piracy [/color]
- Install WinRAR if necessary
- Open the RAR file you downloaded, and extract it to the folder MW3 is in (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\ACtivision\)
- You'll be asked to overwrite the files. Do so, but make a backup of your game directory just in case.
- Once the files overwrite, run "TeknoMW3.exe"
- You'll see the launcher come up. Now choose "SinglePlayer" to run the campaign or play the co-op game modes, OR
- Choose Multiplayer>(Online/LAN) for playing the game against players on the internet or when JOINING a dedicated server on the LAN.
- Choose Multiplayer>(Direct Connect) if you know your friend's IP address to join a LAN or internet game manually [open firewall ports and stuff if you need, this is an advanced option]
- Choose Multiplayer>(Dedicated LAN) to launch the dedicated LAN console. This lets you manage your server for Internet or LAN play. If you want to create a dedicated server and then join it, run this option, then go back to the launcher and run (Online/Lan)
- In the game, click "Servers" and you'll see a list of servers on the Net. Use the LAN tab if you want to play locally.
This is a very quick guide. For info on server configuration, how to configure your firewall, and other technical details on getting TeknoMW3 to work, post a question in this thread and we'll help you out.
See you on the battlefield...wait, that's EA's game